We’ve talked about Hylete before on this blog, and recently released a review of some of their latest shorts. We’re fans of the Southern California brand, mainly because they’ve been able to stay relevant in the highly competitive industry of CrossFit, much of which is dominated by mega-label Reebok. They took their time, perfected their flagship offering, their training shorts, and have since been able to offer a wide range of training and lifestyle apparel for the CrossFit community.
This week, we learned that the brand will expand into footwear, and has made available their first pair of training shoes for pre-order. At first glance, the Circuit Cross-Training Shoe, as it will be called, looks like a similar shape and style to the Nike Metcon 1 and 2.
The upper boasts held-welded construction to eliminate stitching and seams, along with ventilated ripstop nylon fabric for durability. The trainer will also include three interchangeable insoles for different drops from heel-to-toe to promote stability or speed, etc. depending on what’s on the training menu for the day.
Check out the pics and specs below and let us know what you think in the comments.
These are available for pre-sale now and will be shipped in February 2018.
Hylete Circuit Cross-Training Shoe
Lift, train, and run in one shoe. The circuit cross-training shoe includes 3 interchangeable insoles tuned to optimize stability/energy transfer while lifting, all around versatility while training, or high impact absorption while running; allowing you to change your training discipline without changing your shoe. High abrasion resistance is created by combining ultra durable heat welded TPU, eliminating the need for stitching, with ventilated ripstop nylon, protecting against tears and rips. Lightweight Vibram outsoles offer supreme stability and traction during lateral movements and high impact activity.
3 Interchangeable Insoles: Each circuit cross-training shoe includes 3 interchangeable insoles tuned to optimize stability/energy transfer while lifting, all around versatility while training, or high impact absorption while running.
- 0MM drop – Ideal for weightlifting. Flat, or zero drop insole provides a “barefoot” feel, leading to better stability. Features no arch support.
- 4MM drop – The preferred insole for cross-training. Medium rebound PU foam provides optimal energy return during impact activities. Features medium arch support.
- 6MM drop – Optimized for running. High rebound PU foam provides improved energy return for high impact activities. Features medium arch support.
- Heat Welded TPU: Increases durability in high abrasion areas (toe box and heel) – eliminates the need for stitching.
- Vented Ripstop Nylon: Lightweight ripstop nylon helps regulate temperature and protects against tears and rips in high abrasion areas.
- Vented Tongue: Thin, compression molded, vented tongue provides added comfort and breathability.
- Woven Fabric: Lightweight, breathable woven fabric on upper shoe keeps the foot cool during training.
- Vibram Outsole: Lightweight Vibram outsoles offer supreme stability and traction during lateral movements and high impact activity.